Cascade Brewing Launches Barrel Exchange Program With Wicked Weed
From a press release 7/24:
This Friday, 7/24 at 6 PM, we will debut the first of many releases in an ongoing series of collaborations we are calling the Barrel Exchange Program. We will trade full oak barrels of beer with other sour beer producers around the country to create rare and unique collaboration blends. The first release is “Wicked Red,” a collaboration with Wicked Weed Brewing in Asheville, NC. Wicked Red features a 50/50 blend of Wicked Weed’s sour red ale (a component of their Oblivion) with our Blackberry Wheat. Tart and complex, this extremely rare and limited release won’t last long! 7.8% ABV
As of now, Wicked Weed do not have proper distribution in our market, but we’ve been seeing steady drops of Cascade which gives us hope we will get our hands on some of this series!
- Massage Monday: 5-8 PM $10 for 10 minutes with licensed therapist, Josh Lentz.
- Beer Flights: nine 5 oz samples for $18.
- Monday Night Nitro: $1 off nitrogen pours.
- $1 off all ciders, glasses of wine & mead.
$10 pitchers: Bartender’s choice.
- BYOT (Bring Your Own Trivia): The next wave of pub trivia. Prizes include gift certificates to Chop’s Deli, Memory Lane Comics, Marks of Distinction, as well as beer from us.
STONE BREWING RUINATION NATION | THURSDAY AUGUST 6 @ 7 PM
Have we got a treat for you hopheads…. Lee from Stone sprung a last-minute event on us! We’ll have so many amazing Ruination Nation beers on tap:
Ruination 2.0- The second stanza in our “Liquid Poem to the Glory of the Hop”
Double Dry-Hopped Ruination 2.0
Oaked Ruination 2.0
RuinTen Triple IPA- “A Stage Dive into a Mosh Pit of Hops”
Be here… Or don’t. We don’t care. More beer for us.
- Throwback Thursday: Revisit one of our old favourite beers.
ExBEERiment: This week our Randall will be a top-secret collaboration with Kelsie and Lee of Stone Brewing Co.- all we can say is it’s Go To IPA but we’re not telling you what we’re putting in it. So you’ll just have to come down and try a pint of it for yourself! The first pint pours at 9 PM.
- New Favourite Friday: Try the latest & greatest!
- Bartender’s Choice: You never know what you’re going to get!
- Beer Church: This week we’re rolling out Sonoma Cider glasses. We’ll be filling them with their Anvil, a bourbon cider, and Crowbar, a habanero lime cider. Masses are at 1 PM and 8 PM.
Thursday August 13th:
- Pop the Cap 10 Year Anniversary: We’ll be celebrating a huge turning point in NC’s beer scene. Prior to the legislation change, NC was limited to beers 6% and under. A committed group of beer people formed Pop The Cap, including our own Lector Bennett, petitioned the state to repeal the Prohibition-era law. All of the beers we’ll have on tap have some significance to us and our involvement in the movement, Pop The Cap. Fullsteam’s founder, Sean Lilly Wilson, was hugely instrumental in the movement and so we’ll have two of his beers on tap: his flagship Lager and his Paycheck Pils. One of the breweries we patiently awaited was the legendary Trappist, Chimay. We managed to score a keg of their Dorée, a limited spiced pale ale. And though this seems to not have much connection to the history, we’ll have 21st Amendment’s Brew Free! or Die IPA. Because, Brew Free or Die.
Don’t miss your connection! These drafts are currently on tap but they won’t last long!
Cask: Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA With Warrior, Citra & Cascade Hops, Lemon & Orange Zest & Grapefruit
Cider: Schilling Pomegranate Cranberry
Cider: Original Sin Dry Cider
Mead: Redstone Nectar Of The Hops Dry-Hopped Mead
Nitro: Atwater Decadent Dark Chocolate Ale
Nitro: Wexford’s Irish Cream Ale
Ballast Point Barmy Apricot Ale
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Big Boss The Centaur Dry-Hopped Saison
Blue Point Sour Cherry Imperial Stout
Carolina Brewing Company Imperial IPA
Coronado Orange Avenue Wheat
Erie Misery Bay IPA
Fuller’s London Porter
Fuller’s London Pride Pale Ale
Great Divide Whitewater Wheat
Great Lakes Eliot Ness Amber Lager
Humboldt Nectar IPA
Lonerider Sweet Josie Brown Ale
Southampton Bière de Mars
Stillwater Stereo IPA
Stoudt’s Rye Porter
Sunken City John Henry’s Hammer Imperial Stout
Westbrook One Claw Rye Pale Ale
These beers are scheduled for landing very soon. They’ll be on our itinerary shortly.
Cask: Big Boss Hell’s Belle Belgian-Style Pale With Chinese Szechuan Peppercorns
Cider: Ace Pineapple Cider
Mead: Redstone Pumpkin Nectar
Nitro: Atwater Vanilla Java Porter Nitro
Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin IPA
Deep River Mango Tango Foxtrot IPA
Haw River Mille Fleur Saison
Haw River Sun Hands Belgian-Style Golden Ale
Humboldt Red Nectar Red Ale
Moretti La Rossa Doppelbock
Moylan’s Danny’s Irish Red Ale
Rivertowne Hop-Lace White IPA
Southampton Double White Ale
Stoudt’s American Pale Ale
Stoudt’s Fat Dog Imperial Oatmeal Stout
Stoudt’s Fourplay IPA
Victory DirtWolf Double IPA
New Cans & Bottles
Brooklyn K Is For Kriek
Brooklyn Wild Streak Brett. Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels
Boulevard Imperial Aztec Chocolate Stout
Grand Teton American Sour Aged in Oak 2014
Highland King MacAlpin Double IPA
Wines by the Glass
Chardonnay- In Situ (Chile) 2014
Cinsault/Grenache/Syrah/Carignan Rosé- Perle (Côtes de Provence, France) 2014
Pinot Grigio- Della Scala (Italy) 2014
Riesling- Sun Garden (Germany) 2012
Sauvignon Blanc- Hay Maker (Marlborough, New Zealand) 2014
Alicante Bouschet/Merlot/Malbec/Cabernet Sauvignon/Petite Sirah- The Boatman (California) 2014
Cabernet Sauvignon- Cornellana (Chile) 2014
Malbec- Mogollon (Mendoza, Argentina) 2012
Rioja- Cerro Anon (Spain) 2011
Syrah/Grenache/Mourvedre- Charles Thomas (Côtes du Rhone, France) 2013
Inside the Connoisseur’s Cabinet
Cascade Apricot: Blended sour blond ales aged in oak barrels with apricots for up to 15 months. 2014 vintage. 7.6% ABV
Cascade Kriek: Blended sour red ales aged in oak barrels with cherries for up to 14 months. 2014 vintage. 8.5% ABV
Cascade Sang Rouge: Blended sour red ales aged in oak wine barrels and oak foundres for up to three years. 2013 vintage. 8.4% ABV
Cascade Strawberry: Blended wheat & blonde ales aged in oak barrels with wild strawberries & vanilla beans for up to 12 months. 2014 vintage. 7.56%