April Showers Bring May Sours
We’re already well known for our selection of sour ales, but all throughout the month of May we’re going to be majorly ramping it up. We’ve been stashing sours all spring, waiting for May 1. Stay tuned for some great, limited release sours available in bottles and on draft.
Thursday, May 5: Cinco de Mayo with White Street Brewing Co.
- Yes, we know… Cinco de Mayo is not a Cape Fear Wine & Beer holiday. You’ll never find mediocre imports adorning a lime wedge. Our friend Jason from White Street Brewing Co. of Wake Forest, NC will be in town that night for a fun Randall with their Hoptimist IPA. We’re going to turn it into Hoptimista! We’ll have a couple of supporting drafts too. The fun starts at 7 PM.
- Massage Monday: 5-8 PM $10 for 10 minutes with licensed therapist, Josh Lentz.
- Beer Flights: nine 5 oz samples for $18.
- Monday Night Nitro: $1 off nitrogen pours.
- $1 off all ciders, glasses of wine & mead.
- Sour Night: $1 off select sour ales
- BYOT (Bring Your Own Trivia): The next wave of pub trivia. Prizes include gift certificates to Chop’s Deli, Memory Lane Comics, Marks of Distinction, as well as beer from us.
- Throwback Thursday: Revisit one of our old favourite beers.
- ExBEERiment: This week, Kris will be infusing Durham, NC’s own Fullsteam Brewery Rocket Science IPA with super fresh Holmes Brothers cascade hops from the gorgeous mountains of NC.
On a side note, as we wind down NC Beer Month, we want to thank all of the amazing breweries we’ve partnered with this month (and every month) for their devotion and talent, and for putting NC on the map. Cheers!
- New Favourite Friday: Try the latest & greatest!
- Bartender’s Choice: You never know what you’re going to get!
- Beer Church: This Sunday, we’ll be hosting AleSmith Brewing Company of San Diego, California. We’ll have draft pours of IPA, Nut Brown, and Wee Heavy for logo pint glasses. First mass is at 1 PM and second mass is at 8 PM.
Don’t miss your connection! These drafts are currently on tap but they won’t last long!
Cask: Check Six Aerial Aggression Double IPA with Citra & Amarillo Hops -NC-
Cider: Doc’s Framboise Raspberry Cider
Cider: Original Sin Cider
Mead: Redstone Nectar of the Hops Dry-Hopped Mead
Nitro: North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Nitro: North Coast Old #38 Stout
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Boulevard Tell-Tale Tart
Check Six Aerial Aggression Double IPA -NC-
Coronado Easy Up Pale Ale
Coronado Orange Avenue Wheat
Deep River Barrel-Aged Riverbank Rye-It Pale Ale with Brett. -NC-
Duck-Rabbit Rabid Duck Russian Imperial Stout -NC-
Evil Twin Brett Yeast & Helles Lager with Brett
Fuller’s London Porter
Fuller’s London Pride Pale Ale
Gibb’s Hundred Chanson de Boheme Bière de Garde -NC-
Great Divide Old Ruffian Barleywine
Haw River Newlin’s Original Belgian Oatmeal Pale Ale -NC-
Humboldt Red Nectar
Mother Earth Dark Cloud Dunkel -NC-
Mother Earth Sisters of the Moon IPA -NC-
Saranac Hoppy Hour Hero Moesaic IPA
Southern Tier 3 Citrus Peel Out Imperial Wheat Ale
Stone/Dogfish Head/Victory Saison du Buff
These beers are scheduled for landing very soon. They’ll be on our itinerary shortly.
Cask: Duck-Rabbit Amber Ale -NC-
Cider: Ace Space Bloody Orange Cider
Cider: Naked Apple Blackberry Cider
Mead: Redstone Tequila Barrel-Aged Apricot Mead
Mead: B. Nektar Zombie Killer Cherry Cyser
Mead: Redstone Apple Nectar
Nitro: Left Hand Milk Stout
Nitro: Appalachian Mountain Brewery C.R.E.A.M. Coffee & Donut-Infused Milk Stout -NC-
Nitro: Moylan’s Dragoon’s Irish-Style Stout
Alpine Duet IPA
Bear Republic Barrel-Aged Tartare Berlinerweisse
Blind Squirrel Nut Brown Ale -NC-
Brooklyn American Ale
Celis Grand Cru
Coronado Berry The Hatchet Hefeweizen
Coronado Sock Knocker IPA
D9 Ezekiel 25:17 Black Sour Ale -NC-
D9 Whiskers On Kittens Sour with Rose Petals -NC-
Fullsteam Hogwash Smoked Brown Porter -NC-
Fullsteam Paycheck Pils -NC-
Fullsteam Rocket Science IPA -NC-
Grand Teton Lost Continent Imperial IPA
Great Divide Barrel-Aged Hibernation Old Ale
Green Flash Passionfruit Kicker Wheat Ale
Green Flash Tangerine Soul Style IPA
Goose Island Lolita Sour Ale with Raspberry Aged in Oak Cab. Sauv. Barrels
Heavy Seas TropiCannon Citrus IPA
North Coast Old Stock Cellar Reserve Wheat Old Ale
Omnipollo Abrahadabra Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie IPA
Omnipollo Bianca Mango Lassi Gose
Oskar Blues Dale’s Pale Ale -NC-
Oskar Blues Mama’s Little Yella Pils -NC-
Oskar Blues Pinner Throwback Session IPA -NC-
Uinta Cucumber Saison
Unknown Craft Chicks Hustle Harder Session Saison -NC-
New Bottles & Cans
- Coronado Easy Up Pale Ale
Wines by the Glass
Chardonnay- Arrowflite (Sonoma, California) 2014
Pinot Grigio- HandCraft (California) 2014
Riesling- Sun Garden (Germany) 2014
Rosé (Pinot Noir)- Zorzal (Argentina) 2015
Sauvignon Blanc (60%) / Semillon (40%)- Les Hauts de Lagarde (Bordeaux, France) 2015
Cabernet Sauvignon- Bass Creek (California) NV
Malbec- Gun Dog Red (Mendoza, Argentina) 2014
Pinot Noir- Aquilo (Napa, California) 2013
Sangiovese- Fantini (Italy) 2014
Zinfandel- The Pier (Lodi, California) 2012
Inside the Connoisseur’s Cabinet
Cascade Blackcap Raspberry: Blended wheat & blond ales ages in oak barrels with blackcap raspberries for up to 14 months. 2015 vintage. 7.63% ABV
Cascade Figaro: Blended sour blonde ales aged for up to 18 months in Chardonnay oak barrels with white figs & lemon peel. 2014 vintage. 9.1% ABV
Cascade Sang Noir: Blended red ales aged in bourbon and wine barrels with bing cherries for up to 2 years. 2014 vintage. 9.8% ABV
Cascade Sang Rouge: Blended sour red ales aged in oak wine barrels and oak foundres for up to three years. 2013 vintage. 8.4% ABV
Cascade Strawberry: Blended wheat & blonde ales aged in oak barrels with wild strawberries & vanilla beans for up to 12 months. 2014 vintage. 7.56%